Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sewing in Usual Circumstances

This past weekend proved a turning point for me. I went the entire weekend without the need to take a nap. I even planned to invite people over for dinner. My usual energy level seems to have returned. I'm still on meds, still have the PICC line, but things are moving in the right direction.

Since the people we wanted to have over couldn't come, I decided to take advantage of the evening and sew. It's been a long time since I've had a Saturday evening to stitch and I loved it. A 4th of July sewing date gave me a start on these blocks, but on Saturday I got them all stitched and arranged on the floor--too lazy to put up my portable design wall.

The pattern is Off Track by Cluck, Cluck Sew (loved her booth at Quilt Market), and the fabrics are mostly ones I'd gotten when I had the crazy idea that I'd make the Farmer's Wife quilt—I made about five blocks and realized templates are not me. I added a couple of other fabrics for scale and color—a bit of Lotta Jansdotter and some Heather Ross dogs. I'm making a baby-sized quilt, so only made 20 blocks, rather than the 35 called for for the lap-sized quilt. Next I need to stitch those blocks together, because Pearl continues to gleefully run over my neatly arranged layout and it's a mess. Thank goodness for digital cameras, so that I can remember what it looked like before doggie mayhem ensued. 

6 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

My pets love playing in the block too! I'm just lucky when my cat brownies doesn't steal a block or two and hide them behind the couch...

Hope you continue to feel stronger!

Jody said...

I went gung-ho with the Farmers Wife too, and after three blocks it was all over!!!! Love the piecing that you are working on!

fabriquefantastique said...

so glad you are feeling a bit better....yes, digital cameras do come in handy.

PamKittyMorning said...

Glad to know you're feeling better, I've been wondering! I'm just so amazed you're doing anything at all besides sitting around. And thinking about yourself. I know when I'm sick (like really sick not just a cold) I feel like my whole world revolves around my body and how I feel and I don't like that. Your so great! I'm wowed by you.

Polly said...

Sew glad you are on the mend!! Lovely quilt!! Give Pearl a big hug... if you can catch her!!

Barbara said...

Hi, Linzee - I found your blog via the feedsack article you wrote for Etsy. I'm a passionate feedsack collector (also a former writer and editor) and really enjoyed your work. I've been posting about feedsack quite a bit lately and would like to provide a link to your article - I'm assuming a link would be OK, but by all means contact me if it's not. Anyway, thanks for your work, and hope you're on the mend. Best wishes, Barbara (oodlesandoodles.typepad.com)