Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Matters of the heart

There's still a little sewing time before Valentine's Day, so here's something you could try.

After my last post I got some very nice (and much appreciated) comments from readers. One of them was Carol, a quilter from Michigan who shares my fondness for making dolls and writing, among other things. I visited her blog, and just loved a recent post on using scraps to make a Valentine table runner.

I thought you'd enjoy seeing the wonderful results of her decision to clean up a scrap pile. While the post isn't exactly a tutorial, it has some great photos of how to "make fabric" from scraps and the really cheery table runner that resulted. It's a great idea with all sorts of applique, sashing, and border possibilities. Thanks so much Carol for sharing your work with Pearl the Squirrel readers!

1 comment:

beth said...

very cute. Love all the scraps around the edge too!!